• Home
  • Giveaways
  • Reviews
  • Links
  • Awards
  • Contact

Monday, November 24, 2008

Cheekeyes Wooden Toys: Review and Giveaway CONTEST CLOSED

Looking for a toy that will inspire your child's imagination this Holiday season? Take a look at the 2009 Oppenheim Toy Portfolio's prestigious Platinum Winner for one of this year's BEST preschool toys, Cheekeyes!


E-tailer Oompa Toys knew it had something very special when it introduced American families to the Cheekeyes -- adorable and durable toys made from eco-friendly rubberwood. Handmade and partially painted, each of the Cheekeyes is unique; there are no two the same. From the hands of Dutch designer Rogier van Zijp emerged Arctic, African, Forest and Farm animal sets plus Dinosaurs. Animals sport a distinctive red cheek and painted eye (reflected in their name, Cheekeyes) that will endear them to children and caregivers alike. What started out as a concept for a toy company now has become an independent, new and refreshing line of wooden, artistic toys.

We were lucky enough to receive the Farm Animal Set for review by my two girls. Right off the bat, I was impressed with the quality of the toy. You can definitely tell that they are handmade with love! Lily, my almost 4 year old, grabbed the fences and trees and started to set up the scene. In no time, she had the sheep jumping the fences and horses galloping around the room. She really enjoyed the imaginative play. My youngest daughter, who is only 8 months old, loved watching her sister and occassionally stole a wooden animal to munch on! LOL!I would definitely recommend this toy for any age or gender this Christmas!

Want to win a set for your stocking? Oompa Toys has generously offered one reader their choice of Cheekeyes Wooden Toy Sets!

How to enter:

1. Visit Oompa Toys , search for "Cheekeyes" and tell me which set you would choose if you won!

Additional Entries (leave one comment per entry):

1. Blog about this giveaway.
2. Follow me on Twitter (or tweet about this giveaway).
3. Favorite me in Technorati.

Contest ends at 11:59pm CST on November 30th. Prizes not claimed in 72 hours will be forfeited. Contest open to all U.S. residents.



Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

117 comments:

Michele P. said...

I like the dino ones! Very cute and perfect for the little ones!

micaela6955 at msn dot com

Anonymous said...

I like the farm animals set best. They're all neat, though.

Mon Petit Papillon said...

My little one loves anything Safari, so the African animal set would be great! Thanks for the giveaway!

jenny said...

wow thay are all realy cute and well any one would do just fine realy it would

Anonymous said...

Great review!! This Wooden Dinosaur toys are looking so nice!!

peg42 said...

My kids would love the wooden Forest Animal Set. These are so nice. I love that they are made of wood.
Thanks for this giveaway.

Nuts To You! said...

We would choose the polar set. We have some penguin lovers in our house!

Jenn said...

My little ones would insist on the African Animal Set!!

Thanks for the great giveaway!!

Anonymous said...

We would choose the forest animal set if we won!
mlwd648[at]gmail[dot]com

Kama said...

I think these would be awesome: Wooden Polar Animal Set from Cheekeyes. My son would love them!!

Meg said...

My son would love the Polar animals-Thanks, these are really great toys!
gomeggo[at]gmail[dot]com

Anonymous said...

I'd choose the dinosaurs. Too cute!

cdfunkhouser at gmail dot com

PsychMamma said...

The African Animals set would be a big hit here! Thanks for a great giveaway!

annalene said...

i would pick the polar set, i love the selection of animals in that set!

annalene said...

i requested you as a contact on twitter as well (user name : a_nn). :)

Anonymous said...

I would love the farm animal ones.

rebbi511 at peoplepc.com

Shannon said...

What awesome stuff. I would choose the Wooden African Animal Set for sure.

Anonymous said...

I would choose the wooden farm animal set

samarachodosh@gmail.com

Tamara B. said...

My grandson would love the Wooden Dinosaur Animal Set from Cheekeyes the best.
tamben7996(at)aol(dot)com

Jeff and Mandee said...

I like the Farm animal set or the African animal set! These are great!

mandee220(at)aol(dot)com

Erin Tales said...

Wooden Dinosaur Animal Set from Cheekeyes

speak2erin (at) gmail (dot) com

cathy2406 said...

wooden polar arctic animals set is my favorite!!ashlyn@chuparkoff.com

blogggggg said...

I really like the wooden dinosaurs set. My nephew is really into dinos right now and I know he would get such a kick out of these.

janetfaye said...

I would get the Wooden Forest Animal set.

Thank you!

janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

Anonymous said...

I like the African set because of the Elly!
dolniaks@connecttime.net

Anonymous said...

I would choose- Wooden Polar Animal Set from Cheekeyes
ashlomb at yahoo dot com

Anonymous said...

I blogged: http://jepeux.blogspot.com/2008/11/oompa-toys.html

judybrittle said...

I really like the dinosaur set. My grandson would love it. Thank you!
judybrittle at aol dot com

tatertot374 said...

I like the Wooden Polar Animal Set from Cheekeyes. Thank you!
tatertot374@sbcglobal.net

sweetsue said...

I would choose the farm animals for my granddaughter!
smchester at gmail dot com

justicecw said...

I know my son would love the Dinosaur set! Thanks, justicecw@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

I'd have to go with the African animal set....my daughters have a thing about giraffes, you see.

Great toys!!!

becca951@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

I'd choose the dinosaur animal set.
-Terra
partymix25(at)hotmail(dot)com

Michelle said...

I would choose the wooden African animal set for my children. Thanks for a great contest.

SeahorseLady said...

I like them all but my the Forest Animal set is my favorite.
Thank you for the nice giveaway.

Anonymous said...

I like the wooden dinosaur set. It would be great for my grandson.

mhill66@charter.net

AllieOop said...

The Toddler Mindbender is cute. Thanks for the giveaway.
aghendrick@aol.com

37 Questions said...

I'd have to go with the dinosaur set. Thanks for a great giveaway!
jjdragonfly [at] gmail [dot] com

Anonymous said...

Dinosaurs with rouge ... so stinkin' cute.


aka_burtsgirl@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

The Polar Animal set is so original and adorable. My little boy would love these. Thanks for the chance to win. ecghick@yahoo.com

renee said...

following you on twitter and posted a comment

pinkpanthers94ATgmail.com

Jinxy and Me said...

I sent a request to follow you on Twitter. You have your updates set to protected.

Anonymous said...

I love the African animal set!
doot65{at}comcast[dot]net

Anonymous said...

You're in my Technorati faves!
doot65{at}comcast[dot]net

Anonymous said...

I follow you on twitter (blueviolet)
doot65{at}comcast[dot]net

Anonymous said...

I'd pick the wooden African Animal Set because my granddaughter loves the zoo and would recognize the animals.

ReinyDey said...

I have The Not-So-Blog blog faved on Technorati.

reinydey is my username.

Thank you,
ReinyDey@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

If I win, I would choose the Wooden African Animal Set. It is a good start. Thanks for the contest.
Kathy
kathleenyohanna@hotmail.com

 
Photobucket