• Home
  • Giveaways
  • Reviews
  • Links
  • Awards
  • Contact

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Mardi Gras Mambo Day 11: Happy Mardi Gras!

Today signifies the end of Carnival Season, and therefore the end to our Mardi Gras Mambo Giveaway. Did y'all have fun? But, before we go we have one last special throw. The winner of this giveaway will walk away with a bag of goodies!


First, we start off with some yummy King Cake soaps from the etsy store Soapalaya Soaps. King Cake is a favorite treat during the Mardi Gras season, and we wait for it each year. Despite the fact you can't eat them, this soap smells kinda like the freshly baked, over-iced, insanely sweet indulgence they are intended to replicate. Sweet and rich....just like a king cake! Yum!
So, "Laissez les bons temps rouler" - Let the good times roll!
Each king cake is made to order and weighs approx. 6 oz. each.


Second, no Mardi Gras day would be complete without a costume! The Etsy store, Sweetie Pie Tutus, has offered to help us decorate your day with a Mardi Gras Mambo Tutu. This tutu is made with over 100 yards of soft gold, green and purple tulle. It is 8' in length and adorned with coordinating mardi gras beads. All tutus are available in all sizes ranging from newborn to 6 years.
Last but not least, April at Just Typical Life (who is also an awesome photographer) has offered a 5x7 matted and signed Mardi Gras Indian Print to show the true spirit of our city. The Black Mardi Gras Indians of New Orleans are a unique sub-culture of a highly diverse and complex group of the local population . The tradition of these masking Indians, dates back to the 1700's. As a result of this lack of a solid path in the knowledge of Indian history, many theories abound, but this much is for certain, the Indians have preserved some of their culture and history in the guise of tradition, and that tradition at the time of Mardi Gras, is now an integral part of New Orleans. In the heart of New Orleans since the 1780's and perhaps earlier, this ancient colorful and artistic culture has been practiced. A culture, that be it known, exhibits all of that tradition, with some of the positive heritage, and is quite a unique history.

Put your arms up, wave them around, and yell "Throw me Something Mister!!" Okay, that won't get you all these wonderful prizes, but wasn't it fun? To win the prizes, just follow the rules below:

Don't forget, we are giving you a chance to DOUBLE your entries by registering here and at What Mommies Need.

How to Win:

1) Visit Soapalaya Soaps, Sweetie Pie Tutus, and April Allen Photo, and tell us your favorite item from each store.

Additional Entries: (Please leave each entry in a separate comment)
1) Subscribe to my blog.
2) Follow me on twitter (BridgetteLA) or tweet about this giveaway.
3) Blog about this giveaway and make sure to include a link back!
4) Favorite me in Technorati.
5) Grab our giveaway button and post it on your sidebar.

Contest ends at 11:59pmCST on March 3rd. Prizes not claimed in 72 hours will be forfeited. Open to U.S. Residents only.

You Must Leave a Valid E-mail Address to be eligible.

70 comments:

The Merry Death said...

From Soapalaya Soaps I like the purse packs lip balm. From Sweetie Pie Tutus I like the Rainbow Puff Tutu.
From April Allen Photography I like any of the cemetery photos.
meredycat*lycos*com

The Merry Death said...

I sent a request to follow you on Twitter under Meredycat.
meredycat*lycos*com

mar said...

My favorite item from each store as listed:

1) Enchanted (Blended Cream Soap)
2) Sweetie Pie Tutus Birthday Boutique Bow
3) New Orleans - April Allen

thank you

Unknown said...

favorite item from each store:
Soapalaya Soaps - Coffee Lovers Lip Balm
Sweetie Pie Tutus - Pink and Purple Birthday Cupcake Tutu
April Allen Photo - I love the New Orleans Pink Flamingo print!

MOMFOREVERANDEVER said...

SoapalayaSoaps's shop DETOX FACIAL - Spa Quality Mask with Dead Sea Clay and Activated Charcoal

Banana Split Tutu-FREE coordinating headband with your choice of boutique bow or flower clippie talk about affordable on the tutus!

for april allen the little girl under extras- her daughter? is beautiful

Lena_L said...

B - I've really enjoyed the Mardi Gras themes...very informative too. To enter the contest:

Soapalaya - love the purse pack. I'd choose shoes fabric outside w/yellow swirls inside. Capuccino & coconut lip glosses and blue chamomile perfurme.

SweetiePieTutus - love the pink bean with the brown polka dot bow.

AprilAllenPhoto - on the New Orleans pix...love the last one of outdoor lights. That would go great with a litho I bought when we were in NO.

Tina12312 said...

1. Enchanted (Blended Creme Soap) 2 different clays and activated charcoal
2. Banana Split Tutu
3. New Orleans Pink Flamingo Print

Thank you!

Miss Spoken said...

Soapalaya - Grey Satin Powder Puff Set
Sweetie Pie - Extra Special B-Day Tutu
April Allen - Love the New Orleans series, especially the statues/cemetaries
gkstratos@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Soapalaya Soaps - Louisiana Brew - Coffee Bath Soap
Sweetie Pie Tutus - Pink Princess Tutu and Onesie
April Allen Photo - her nature photos

pms3237 said...

*Soapalaya-pepperberry soap
*Sweet tutus-Strawberry delight
*April Allen photos..I love that Mardi Gras print but my other choice would be the Flamingo print

Pamela S said...

My favorite would be the multicolored Sweetie Pie's Perfect Birthday Party Tutu ....SOOOO cute!!

Smooshy said...

i like the two sided soap holder, the birthday boutique bow and new orleans!

minishoes said...

1) I like the sunflower citrus solid perfume
2) I like the banana split tutu
3)I love the baby pics.they are so unique.
thanks jacquecurl@gmail.com

mverno said...

Soapalaya Soaps - Coffee Lovers Lip Balm Sweetie Pie Tutus Birthday Boutique Bow and April Allen Photo - I love the New Orleans Pink Flamingo print

Sunnyvale said...

soaps--the hemp soap saver
tutus--sweet shamrock bow
photos--nature, love the flowers

Wehaf said...

At Soapalaya I like the tuscan blended creme soaps.

At Sweetie Pie Tutus I like the chocolate beanie with the aqua polka dot ribbon.

urchiken at gmail dot com

annies home said...

soapalaya soaps I like the lavender and oatmeal cold pack soap because the colors are so pretty
from sweetie pie tutus the sweetie pie chocolate bday cupcake and onesie
I like the childrens pics from april allen photo

shopannies@yahoo.com

annies home said...

blogged about the giveaway
http://shopannies.blogspot.com/2009/02/great-giveaways.html

shopannies@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Sweetie Pie Tutu's--Cotton Candy Swirl Tutu
April Allen's Photography--The picture of the Tree with the branch handing over like in the bayou
Soapalaya -- The Soapalaya Mosaic Soap
digicat{AT}sbcglobal{DOT}net

Anonymous said...

I requested to follow you on Twitter
cezovski
digicat{AT}sbcglobal{DOT}net

Anonymous said...

I Am heading over now to blog this
http://carolsbloggys.blogspot.com/2008/10/contests-from-our-bloggy-friends.html
digicat{AT}sbcglobal{DOT}net

Andrea Hatfield said...

1) Southern Veranda Blended Cream Soap

2)Sweet Lilac Swirl Tutu

3)I like all of the nature photos.

Staci A said...

I love the Coffee Lovers Lip Balm, the Cotton Candy Swirl Tutu, and the flower photos in the nature section. All look wonderful!
mommastaci33(at)yahoo(dot)com

TX_Jen34 said...

At SoapalayaSoaps, I like the Detox Facial. At sweetietutus, I like the sweet shamrock bow. At April Allen Photo, I like the Water Meter photo.

Belinda said...

Soapalaya Soaps - Coffee Lovers Lip Balm
Sweetie Pie Tutus - Pink and Purple Birthday Cupcake Tutu
April Allen - Mardi Gras Print
Thanks!
1bmore @ gmail . com

miriama said...

From Soapalaya Soaps: Enchanted soap

From Sweetie Pie Tutus: Sweetie Pie Tutus Perfect Princess Party Pack

From April Allen : I love the little girl with wings

Tamara B. said...

Soapalaya Soaps: Peppermint Vanilla (cold process handmade soap)
Sweetie Pie Tutus: Sweetie Pie's Perfect Birthday Party Tutu
April Allen Photo: New Orleans photos.
tamben7996(at)aol(dot)com

judybrittle said...

Soapalaya Dragonfly Moon bath salts
Sweetie Pie Tutus Birthday Cupcake tutu and onesie
April Allen Photo love the babies
Thank you!

Melissa Butler said...

From April Allen I love the New Orleans pink flamingo and the mother/child statue print. From Sweetie Pie Tutus I love the Strawberry delight tutu. From Soapalaya Soaps i like the Lavender and Oatmeal (cold process soap).

Heather S said...

1. Peppermint Lip Balm
2. Personalized Chocolate Birthday Cupcake and Onesie-FREE matching headband and Boutique Bow
3. Little ones!

Thanks

e-amil: hmahan_0529@yahoo.com

YZgirl4 said...

My favorite items:
soapalaya soaps: The detox facial
Sweetie Pie TuTus: Sweetie Pie's Princess Set
April Allen Photography: I love the pic of the girl with the what looks like painted wings and tiara. So cute!

yzgirl4[at]verizon[dot]net

joahsgrandma said...

1) Soapalaya Soaps - Coffee Lovers Lip Balm
2) Sweetie Pie Tutus Birthday Boutique Bow
3) New Orleans Pink Flamingo

joahsgrandma said...

I follow you on Twitter and tweeted the giveaway.

http://twitter.com/slmiresse

Think about it said...

1. Enchanted (Blended Cream Soap)
2. Banana Split Tutu
3. New Orleans Pink Flamingo Print

Cute stuff

rosannepm said...

From Sopalaya Soaps I like the Lavender GIFT SET - Sachet, Soap, and, Perfume (with gift box)
From Sweetie Pie Tutus I love the Sweetie Pie Tutus Perfect Princess Party Pack and from
April Allen Photo I like her photo of the baby on the bed
rosans4@comcast.net

Nickolay said...

1)SoapalayaSoaps's shop DETOX FACIAL - Spa Quality Mask with Dead Sea Clay and Activated Charcoal

2) Sweetie Pie Tutus Birthday Boutique Bow
3) New Orleans - April Allen


jason@allworldautomotive.com

Rikk Connelly said...

Personalized Chocolate Birthday Cupcake,

And from the photogrpaher April Allen, the pictures of New Orleans (man, I miss that city!)

From Sweetie Pie Tutus: Pink Beanie w/ Chocolate and Pink removable bow

arvard said...

Soapalaya-pepperberry soap
Banana Split Tutu
Soapalaya Soaps - Coffee Lovers Lip Balm Sweetie

NesieBird said...

Here are my picks: Enchanted, Sweetie Pie Tutus, Pink/Purple Birthday Cupcake Tutu; and New Orleans, April Allen

Thanks!

Kathy P said...

1 Custom Blended After Bath Powder - 3 oz. Shaker (Rosehip Jasmine)

2 Pink Beanie with Pink and Lime Stripe Preppy Bow

3http://aprilallenphoto.com/index2.html

kylie8cake said...

sopalaya soaps ~ peppermint tea soap
sweetie pie tutus~ perfect birthday party tutu
april allen photo~ cemetary series, grave stone with tree stump

thanks!

kylie8cake@gmail.com

kerri69 said...

1 I just love the look at my feet
2 This was my favorite really just about everything but I loved the beanie hat choclate with the pink flower
3 I loved the photos under the extras very cool

masonsgranny59 said...

Soapalaya Soaps - Coffee Lovers Lip Balm Sweetie Pie - Extra Special B-Day Tutu April Allen Photo - nature photos

disneyfanheather said...

From Soapalaya Soaps, I love the Peppermint Lip Balm, from Sweetie Pie Tutus, I love the Chocolate Beanie with Chocolate and Pink Polka Dot Removable Bow, and from April Allen Photo, I like the all the flower photos.

Anonymous said...

1 enchanted
2. princess set
3mardi gras print
vivianbl@olg.com

esther said...

I like the Coffee Lovers Lip Balm, the Banana Split Tutu, and the purple flower in the Nature section.

AmyLynn said...

1. Peppermint Vanilla (cold process handmade soap)
2. Sweetie Pie Tutus Lemon Drop Tutu-FREE matching headband and removable Flower clip
3. The New Orleans photo w/ the trees in the background

lilyk said...

I love the Pepperberry (blended creme soap) from SoapalayaSoaps's shop, the Pink Celebration Cupcake Tutu and Onesie Set from sweetiepietutus's shop, and the purple iris picture in the Nature portfolio from April Allen Photography.

ms.lilyk@gmail.com

 
Photobucket