• Home
  • Giveaways
  • Reviews
  • Links
  • Awards
  • Contact

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Little Debbie Snack-Off! Review and Giveaway CONTEST CLOSED

Those of you that follow my blog probably know that I started a Meme called "Think Thin Thursdays" in order to keep myself accountable during my weight loss journey (I've lost 6.2 pounds so far!). My main problem is that I am a snacker. I like to have a snack after lunch and another before bed. This has proven to be one of my major hurdles!
So, when I was contacted by Little Debbie to set up a review of their new 100 calorie snacks, I was all ears! After the New Year, a HUGE box showed up on my front porch filled with wonderful, yummy treats.....8 whole boxes to be exact! I was ready to dive right in and start trying all the new varieties, but I thought.....wait, that would be 800 calories of snacks! Kind of counterproductive, don't you think?

So, I forced, I mean asked my friends, family and coworkers to help me out with the first ever
Little Debbie Snack-Off!!

Here's how it works: Each person received two Little Debbie 100 calorie snacks at random. Both treats were sniffed, tasted, and even in some cases licked (I have weird friends, what can I say) and a winner was chosen. Snacks were eliminated until we had an Ultimate Snack Winner!

Friend #1:
Chocolate Nutty Bar: "A nutty, crunchy, satisfying treat. The peanut butter was melt in your mouth soft, not dry like some snacks. Nice combination of sweet and salty. I would buy this snack."

Triple Fudge Brownies: "Great chocolate flavor. Dense and chewy, but somewhat dry. Single serving is small."

WINNER: Chocolate Nutty Bar

Friend #2:
Snow Puffs: "Filling. Medley of marshmallow, chocolate and coconut. Tastes like a brownie on the bottom. I would buy this snack."

Yellow Cake: "Really sweet and cakey. Moist. Icing really tastes like buttercream. Do they sell 100 calories packs of just the icing? I would buy this snack."

WINNER: Snow Puff
Friend #3:
Chocolate cake: "My first thought when I saw the snack was that it was small, but once I tasted it all my worries were put aside. The cake is dense and moist, definitely gives your mouth the impression that it's bigger than it appears. I'm a sucker for frosting and this cake satisfied my snacking urge!"

Marshmallow Treats: "I'm not a big lover of store bought marshmallow snacks, but this one was a nice surprise! The size is large enough that it's satisfying and has a wonderful buttery taste. This snack is probably the most similar to homemade that I have found."

WINNER: Chocolate cake
Friend #4:
Nutty Bar PB Stix: "At first, I didn't like how small the snack appeared. But, after finishing the snack, I was surprisingly satisfied. I like that the wafers are made with whole wheat. Great taste!"

Gingerbread cookies: "I really like these! Soft baked, sweet and spicy! Perfect with hot chocolate!"
WINNER: Gingerbread Cookies

After round two, only two snacks remained:

The Chocolate Cake vs. The Gingerbread Cookie

I decided to let my toughest critic choose the Ultimate Snack winner. To see first hand which one she liked the best, check out this video:




Chocolate Cake is the winner!! Run out and try these today!

Are you drooling yet? Want to try them for yourself? Little Debbie had generously offered me TWO sample boxes (including ALL EIGHT boxes of 100 calorie snacks reviewed above!)

How to enter:
1. Visit Little Debbie and tell me which variety of 100 calories snacks you are most excited to sink your teeth into!

Additional entries (please leave each entry as a separate comment):
1. Blog about this contest.
2. Favorite me in Technorati.
3. Follow my blog.
4. Follow me on Twitter (BridgetteLA) or tweet about this giveaway.
5. Follow Little Debbie on Twitter (LittleDebbie).

Contest ends at 11:59pm on January 20th. Prizes not claimed in 72 hours will be forfeited. Open to U.S. Residents only.
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

269 comments:

Polished10 said...

Triple Fudge Brownies would be GONE in one sitting, haha. They look so good!!

Anonymous said...

Triple Fudge Brownies because you can never have too much chocolate :o)

nape said...

I've lost 81 pounds on Weight Watchers in the past year and a half. And I couldn't have done it without CHOCOLATE. I'd love the CHOCOLATE CAKE Little Debbie 100-Calorie snacks. Yay for the Deb!

Shelley K. said...

It would be a toss up between the Yellow Cake or the Snowball. We LOVE Little Debbie Snack Cakes 'round here!!

Thanks for a great giveaway.

tskrush (at) cox (dot) net

ppekpb said...

I would like to try the yellow cake. I love butter cream frosting.

Shelley K. said...

The yellow bars and snow balls look yummy. Thanks for a great giveaway.

tskrush (at) cox (dot) net

MOMFOREVERANDEVER said...

have had the gingerbread- those are yummy- wish little debbie would have me - ok the house be taste testers and do real/vs lowfat-lowcalorie

would love to try the snowballs- love the think thin Thursday

taterbug said...

The nutty bar - the chocolate one first, the peanut butter one second. I love Little Debbie, but have not tried the calorie controlled packaging. Thanks for the great giveaway opportunity!

Anonymous said...

I'd love to try the Triple Fudge Brownies!

abraxi89(at)yahoo(dot)com

Belinda said...

The Nutty Bar would be my pick. I love the original ones and like the fact that I can get a healthier bar and just 100 calories in the Little Debbie 100 Calorie Snacks.
Thanks!
1bmore@ gmail . com

evilactionfigure said...

Since these are 100 calorie snacks, I'd love to sink my teeth into the yellow and chocolate snack cakes.
Thanks for doing this giveaway.
dakotal5(at)hotmail(dot)com

Anonymous said...

Nutty pb bars! YUM! sweet and salty!

karissag at gmail.com

Anonymous said...

http://twitter.com/kagey10/status/1120876781

tweeted!


karissag at gmail.com

Anonymous said...

following little debbie too!
@kagey10

karissag at gmail.com

edeliz said...

Triple Fudge Brownies, please, yummy chocolate at only 100 calories, irresistible.

tatertot374 said...

The chocolate cakes look so yummy! Thank you!
tatertot374@sbcglobal.net

Sarah said...

Nutty bars, of course. Although who am I kidding? I'd love all of them.

AmandaK said...

The chocolate cake for sure would be my pick! Yummy!

orchestratenoise0726[at]yahoo[dot]com

Anonymous said...

Little Debbie Gingerbread Cookies are what I want to bite into!! The taste of gingerbread always reminds me of holidays and good times and family! Thank you for the contest!
txgigggles@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

yummy, the Chocolate Cakes for sure
KawaiiNeko2008 (at) aol (dot) com

Sheila Hickmon said...

My mandatory entry is way up there, but I also follow you on twitter! mom2anutball

Denise S. said...

I love their Nutty Bars and I'd probably eat the whole box in one sitting!

Janet said...

I have always like oatmeal & the raisin pies. If I pick one from your selection: Nutty Bars. Big hit with my family. Thanks.

Jackie said...

Since I love peanut butter and chocolate, I'd love to try the Chocolate Nutty Bar. Thanks for the review and giveaway!

MaryAnne said...

I would LOVE to try the snow puffs and chocolate cake! The triple fudge brownies look great too - can you tell I love chocolate?

Anonymous said...

My daughters would love the yellow cake snacks. ashlyn@chuparkoff.com

Ashley said...

Yummm! They all look good but the chocolate nutty bars and triple fudge brownies both look delicious. Can you tell I like chocolate?

Anonymous said...

I would love to try the Nutty Bars, I have loved the original forever. I eat them by layers, which my DH says is just weird! I am queenesperfect at yahoo.com

valerie2350 said...

blogged
http://sweeps4bloggers.blogspot.com/2009/01/notsoblog-little-debbie-giveaway-12009.html

AJ @ A Little Bit Nutty said...

I want to try the Marshmallow puffs. I already have a weakness for these. The ones I buy are called Snow Balls...and I don't even want to know how many calories they have.

AJ1014[at]gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Beverly
I say go for the Triple Fudge Brownies! They all look and sound delicious.
Thanks for the yummy giveaway.

wofat1@lycos.com

Jennifer from Ohio said...

I am going for the Chocolate Cake ones. Oh Little Debbie, I sure wish that you would bring back the Mint Sprints. They were one of the best snacks ever. I have very fond childhood memories of those!

hermindwanders at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

thank you for the great contest
enter me please
would love to try the nutty bars
seesessel (at) gmail (dot) com

Anonymous said...

The Nutty Bar PB Stix look awesome.

jason@allworldautomotive.com

Anonymous said...

Triple Fudge Brownies Mmmm,,,too good to believe! Guess I'll just have to try them!

joni514@roadrunner.com

Anonymous said...

My fav. is yellow cakes! They're all delish! Many thx.

susan wiener, swiener1[at]tampabay.rr.com

Colleen said...

the nutty bar pb stix would probably be my favorite...with the yellow cake next.

Anonymous said...

the chocolate cake without a doubt!

a_true_goddess@hotmail.com

cpullum said...

Did someone say Chocolate Cakes !!
YUM!!!!!!
Carla
cpullum(at)yahoo(dot)com

Ellen C. said...

I'd love to try the yellow cake. Thanks for the chance.

sweetascandy579 at yahoo dot com

heaventrees said...

I have already tried the Nutty Bar PB Stax and loved them. I'd like the Snow Puffs next.

judybrittle said...

The Nutty Bars are my favorite snack and would just love to try these in the 100 calorie pack. Thank you so much!

Anonymous said...

Triple Fudge Brownies! But the only way to eat only one would be to always snack in groups.

laikilu@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

The snow puffs since it's so cold here...

adrnlize at aol dot com

Anonymous said...

the Triple Fudge Brownies have my name on them!

joni514@roadrunner.com

Anonymous said...

The Snow Puffs would be my pick.
Really they all look very good.
Thanks so much for the contet.
Cathy T
kbtruman@aol.com

Shasta said...

I would most like to try the marshmallow treats and the gingerbread cookies!! They sound so good!!

thewondermomma(at)gmail(dot)com

Shasta said...

I'm already a subscriber and now I'm a follower too!

thewondermomma(at)gmail(dot)com

Shasta said...

Just sent you a request to follow you on Twitter!

thewondermomma(at)gmail(dot)com

Anonymous said...

I'd like to try the Triple Fudge Brownies.
-Terra H.
partymix25(at)hotmail(dot)com

Amanda C. said...

I've always been a fan of nutty bars. Thanks for the yummy giveaway!

kamlchap at gmail dot com

colorfulcarla said...

What? You're telling me that they make 100 calorie nutty bar?!? WOOT! count me in! colorfulcarla @gmail.com

Mindy said...

100 calories in a chocolate cake. i can get my chocolate fix and still stay on track with my diet

Think about it said...

I have loved little Debbie's since i was little.
I want to try - Triple Fudge Brownies
They sound Delish

superdavefive said...

It's a hard choice, but I'd have to say that the Triple Fudge Brownies look the yummiest!

Thanks for the contest!

Karen said...

The chocolate cake ones look scrumptious, but what good is 100 calories when I could probably eat the whole box, lol. Thanks for the contest.

Dave said...

Mmmm... chocolate nutty bars... Those are the best. Thank you for the chance to win.

Anonymous said...

please enter me in this great contest thanks the yellow cakes or the nutty bars

Anonymous said...

Love the rice krisp. These are always my favorite. Please enter me, thank you

souldolphindream said...

triple fudge brownies for me please!!!!!!!!!

souldolphindream@yahoo.com

thanks

Kari said...

Ooh, the Triple Fudge Brownies!! Im a sucker for brownies of any type :)

Zenas said...

I am most excited about the Snow Puffs, be still my heart.


verdere at gmail dot com

Liz G. said...

Definitely Nutty Bars-- I think that they are one of the best snacks ever! I can't wait to try the 100 calorie ones.

lizames2003 (at) yahoo dot com

Anonymous said...

Oh My,,, bring on the Triple Fudge Brownies

joni514@roadrunner.com

Gabriel S-J. said...

I would like to try the yellow cake.

Please, enter me, great prize!!! I would love to win this.

tattwo said...

Little Debbie selections all look great but I think I would have to try the Chocolate Cake.

Carla said...

Nutty Butty Bars allllllllllll the way

dominican757 at gmail dot com

Mommyhood is Thankless said...

I am following LittleDebbie on Twitter.

Username: wastebasket

mommyhoodisthankless{AT}gmail.com

Tina said...

I just tried the yellow cakes, and they are awesome... these are such a great help. I am a diabetic, and need to watch my snacks etc. and these are the perfect serving.

sweeps4us@gmail.com

Valeen said...

Hard to choose just one, but probably the Snow Puffs look the best to me!

Kt said...

mmm the nutty bars rock my socks!!! and only 100 cals!>?! mmmm
thanks! kmsst19@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

The Yellow Cakes looks yummy!!

annemarie562000(at)yahoo(dot)com

tlcfromtn said...

I would like to try the Nutty Bar P.B. Stix. Thanks!

braaisjo@ at gmail dot com

Lisa Garner said...

I have always loved Snow Puffs so I can't wait to try the 100 calorie version! Thanks!
lisalmg25 at gmail dot com

Lisa Garner said...

I blogged about this giveaway here: http://mowermom.blogspot.com/2009/01/win-little-debbie-100-calorie-snacks_19.html
Thanks!

 
Photobucket